Fulltime Communications & Events Coordinator Position Available
The Communications & Events Coordinator will be responsible for implementing communications and public relations on behalf of Retail Alliance. In addition, this position is responsible for planning and executing events outlined below. This position is a direct report to the VP, Corporate Communications.
Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Develop plan, coordinate and execute events for Retail Alliance including regular and special events:
- Annual Retailer of the Year gala event
- Monthly Retail Breakfast Clubs
- Monthly webinars
- LOVEVA Buy Local events
Responsibilities for each:
- Develop and manage event budgets.
- Sell sponsorships and exhibitor booths for certain events.
- Set up and manage online event registration.
- Source speakers, manage speaker list and speaker arrangements.
- Publicize events in traditional media, social media, direct mail and other communications
- Send out event invites and manage RSVPs.
Creation of calendar, content and metrics for digital content including social media, website, blog, e-newsletter.
- Create content calendar for all communication channels including social media, website, print.
- Manage and update content on all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc).
- Produce (write or source) content for each channel including video, articles, blog posts, press releases, member spotlights, graphics, etc.
- Design, research, write, and distribute weekly member e-newsletter
- Set metrics for success and analyze results regularly.
- Produce a weekly status report to the VP Corporate Communications on projects underway and upcoming projects.
- Assist VP, Corporate Communications with marketing and public relations strategy as needed.
- Very organized both physically and mentally.
- Strong attention to detail (your boss will make your life a misery if you aren’t detail focused!).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously (in other words, great time management and project management skills).
- Writing (good grammar and spelling are a MUST).
- Graphic design skills (Adobe Creative Cloud – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Creativity (creating the WOW factor).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Customer Relationship Management software experience.
- Moderate to advanced understanding of WordPress.
- Video editing and photography skills a plus.
40-hour work week with availability to work some evenings and weekends on events.
Hours of operation: 8.00AM– 4.30PM (summer hours); 8.00AM-5:00PM rest of the year
3 weeks PTO per calendar year (prorated based on start date)
Please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com by August 1, 2016.