Online reviews have given consumers great power to influence the reputation of local businesses. As a small business owner, you may find yourself frustrated at the presence of negative reviews, fake reviews, or a lack of reviews of your business. The good news is that it is possible to guide the conversation when it comes to online reviews and boost your reputation. In turn, you can build greater trust in your brand to increase your sales.
Why Online Reviews Matter
Reviews have become an integral component of the decision-making process for consumers. According to BrightLocal, 82% of consumers read reviews for local businesses prior to making a purchase. In addition, people tend to put more trust into businesses with a higher volume of reviews as well as those with plenty of fresh and recent reviews. You may also be surprised at how much reviews can impact your overall visibility online. Review signals account for about 15% of Google’s local pack ranking factors. In other words, if you don’t have strong reviews, you aren’t likely to be featured in local searches for keywords related to your products and services.
How Reputation Management with ReviewLead Works
ReviewLead is a software solution offered only by certified digital marketing experts that can help you take the reins with your reputation management. With ReviewLead, you can expect to see more incoming reviews for your business and to have those reviews amplified through updates on your website and social media profiles. Here’s a closer look at how it works.
- Drive Up Your Average Star Rating – ReviewLead helps you get more incoming reviews for your business by reminding customers through well-timed email or text alerts to leave feedback on your preferred review sites. As you get more happy reviews, your average star rating will go up.
- Stop Bad Reviews in Their Tracks – Let’s face it—even with the best customer service practices, every business has a few off days. Instead of those bad days turning into negative reviews, you can stop negative reviews in their tracks. When customers are reminded to leave their feedback, those who indicate they’ve had a positive experience will be directed to the review sites of your choice. Those with negative experiences can share their feedback directly, so you can handle grievances privately.
- Keep Your Reviews Fresh and Current – Reputation management is an ongoing process, so you’ll continue to see fresh reviews coming in.
- Monitor Reviews with Active Alerts – Every time you get a new review, you’ll be notified. So, you can respond right away—be sure to respond to both positive and negative reviews to show your customers that you value their time and appreciate their feedback.
- Automatically Share 5-Star Reviews – 5-star reviews are worth celebrating! ReviewLead automatically shares those reviews on your social media profiles and on your website, so they’re front and center for prospective customers to see.
- Measure Your Progress – You’ll see monthly reports with helpful insights to grow your business and see your progress with your online reputation.
How to Get Started with Reputation Management
The first step with reputation management is a Review Report Card that can show you where you stand with your online reviews. This report will likely reveal reviews you didn’t even know you had! Get your free Review Report Card from the certified ReviewLead specialists in the Hampton Roads region at In Transit Studios by emailing email@example.com.