Here are some suggestions and information, provided the professionals in these fields, on how you can move inventory you have in your store right now. We are not sure how long this pandemic will keep us from business as usual, so maybe these tips can help you make some sales!
Mary Landgrebe, Retail Inventory Solutions: Moving inventory
- Are you doing everything you can now to sell the product you have in store?
- Are you posting and going live on social media featuring what you have to sell now. The posts can be simple with a photograph, sizes, price, and any special discounts you are offering. Going “Live” creates a connection with people that they truly crave, especially right now.
- Look at the inventory that you have in your store now. Will it still be relevant in May and June? If you have items that you can answer “no”- these items should be posted at deep discounts 40-50% off or more. This includes winter items, early spring, and certainly anything older. There is a point that you have to look at merchandise as cash instead of margin.
- Do you have enough new product for when your store is back up and running? If not, you may need to buy some fresh merchandise.
- It is such an unusual time, but it will not last. All indications are that this is creating a pent up demand. Be positive and be ready!
Cheryl Tan with Cheryl Tan Media: Video Techniques
- Make sure your lighting is good in the space that you will be videoing and that you are in clear view. Make sure you are looking in the right place.
- Be animated and excited in your video so the consumer will be excited about what you have to sell. Increase your energy level.
- Wear solid color that you love. No patterns or flamboyant jewelry. Lock down your hair!
- Make sure it is quiet where you are videoing so you can be heard.
- You can edit video before you post if you are not going “live” to make sure your message is clear.
- If you go “live”, make sure you have all your product close at hand so you don’t turn your back to the camera/phone. Or, take the camera/phone with you to show the product as displayed and you don’t have to be in the video. “Live” is one of the best ways to make the connection and create a community.
- You can view the Video Marketing workshop by Cheryl Tan Media here.
If you have questions, you can ask Mary or Cheryl directly. Or, feel free to contact your member advisor!
Retail Inventory Solutions
Speaker | Strategist | Content Creator
Watch the Video Kickstart series
Listen to the STANDOUT With Cheryl Tan Podcast